A wonderful serenity has taken possession of my entire soul, like these sweet crisp mornings which I enjoy with my whole heart. I am never alone, and feel the charm of existence in my little spot of the great big state of Texas, which was created for the bliss of souls like mine.
While the lovely plants teem with buds around me, and the meridian sun strikes the upper surface of the impenetrable foliage of my trees, and but a few stray gleams steal into the inner sanctuary of the English garden outside my bedroom that I need exert no more effort than to open the french doors to enter. I sit myself down near the fountain; and, as I listen to the water trickle and splash, a tremendous amount of my cutting plants can be seen from where I sit. I cannot wait for them to be in bloom so I can create majestic bouquets for the beauty and edification of my home.
I am so happy, so absorbed in the exquisite sense of mere tranquil existence, and the extreme love of my family that makes me almost foolish. I should be incapable of explaining my ardent love at the present moment; however, I have the exquisite work of Jane Austen to draw upon. Thus, in her words …
Rhett and I were married in 1998 and since then we have spent 20+ years loving and living life. The quote above, from Pride and Prejudice, is one of my favorites and aptly applies to my life. Here are the reasons I am so happy.
- Wife to 1 handsome, loving, and hard-working man.
- Mother, raising 2 independent sons.
- Mother, loving 5 heavenly angels.
- Christian, I believe in my Lord, Savior, Redeemer, and Messiah--Jesus Christ.
- Devoted member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
Here's a few other things that matter a little less, but are still exciting--at least to me.
- I've visited 28 LDS Temples, so far.
- I've visited 38 states, so far.
- Author of 17 novels/novellas, 12 of which were classified as bestsellers.
- Government Accountant/Auditor/Fraud Investigator/Performance Auditor for 12 years.
My beloved husband, of more than 20 years, oft speaks the above words to me and when he does my knees go weak and I reflect on my endless joy and happiness.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO. DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” ― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Books are just one of the things I love. Here's my top 10 if you care to read them.
- Rhett Hoffmeister, my husband and the love of my life.
- Aldrich and Darce Hoffmeister, my sons.
- Natural foods, natural medicine, and natural healing.
- Books ... reading books ... writing books ... collecting books ... books in general! At one time in my life I owned over 4,000 books, but then we started traveling and I gave/sold/donated the majority of them because I could not take them with me. I am beginning to collect them again.
- Everything Pride and Prejudice--including a few rare adaptations printed before adaptations/variations/altered viewpoints became en-vogue. I kept those when I purged the others.
- Traveling ... anywhere and everywhere. By car, by boat, by airplane, by train, by foot, anyway I can get there.
- Digital Scrapbooking
- Cooking healthy meals for my family.
Everyone has a few quirks, here's a couple of things that make me a little quirky.
- I like everything to be symmetrical.
- I prefer grey-based paint over yellow-based paint.
- My dream car is a Mercedes Benz G-Wagon.
- After only 2 years I chose to move away from Western Washington because the rain was too depressing ... yet, the rain in Eastern Texas is not depressing despite raining the same amount or more.